This course has been designed to meet the requirements of STCW Regulation I/12, Sections A-III/1 & 2 and A & B-VIII/2. This course is intended for engineering officers at both the management and operational level.
Course objectives are:
• To identify the human resources and managerial skills necessary for enhancing safety, efficiency, and contingency management on board.
• To describe the ways of developing these human resources and managerial skills.
• To recognize the need of developing a positive attitude so as to make the best utilization of the knowledge and skills.
To complete the learning objectives of individual lecture and discussion modules and successfully participate in the engine simulator and team exercises.
- Situational Awareness
- Effective communication
- Allocation, assignment and prioritization of resources
- Leadership & assertiveness
- Multicultural Diversity
- Consideration of team experience
- Familiarization with Engine Simulator
- Course review