Degree in Marine Engineering aims at training Marine Engine Officers for the national and international merchant marine in accordance with the training standards established by the STWC Convention - International Convention of Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers of the International Maritime Organisation (IMO).
A vessel is a highly complelx prodution unit, which includes systems and equipment of high technological sophistication which require a highly prepared engineers who manage, operate and maintain these systems in order to ensure their best performance.
Marine engineers acquire several skills by means of the several activities developed on board, what makes them good professionals and therefore highly requested professionals by companies of diversified on-land activity sectors.
The degree course in Marine Engineering has a duration of 6 semesters.
• Merchant marine machines' engineer
• Shipbuilding and repair industry
• Vessels' technical management
• Maritime and port administration
• Classification societies, ships' inspection and survey
• Energy production and distribution
• Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
• Electromechanics, automation and industrial control
• Oil and chemical industries
• Civil construction and public works
• Automobile industries
• Renewable energies
Institution Code/ Course:
• 07 Physics and Chemistry
• 16 MathematicsRequirements
- Group A requirements, to be proved by
medical statement, which must be presented by the candidate at the time
of registration and enrollment.