On completion of this course, a trainee will be competent to handle and take charge of a fast rescue boat during or after launch in adverse weather and sea conditions. They will also be able to operate a fast rescue boat engine.
Trainees will know the correct use of all locating devices, including communication and signaling equipment between the rescue boat and a helicopter and the ship; and how to carry out search patterns.
- Introduction and safety
- Construction and Outfit of Fast Rescue Boats and Individual Items of their Equipment
- Particular Characteristics and Facilities of Fast Rescue Boats
- Navigational and Safety Equipment Available in a Fast Rescue Boat
- Safety Precautions during Launch and Recovery of a Fast Rescue Boat
- How to Handle a Fast Rescue Boat in Prevailing and Adverse Weather and Sea Conditions
- Procedures for Righting a Capsized Fast Rescue Boat
- Search Patterns and Environmental Factors affecting their Execution
- Assessment of the Readiness of Fast Rescue Boats and Related Equipment for Immediate Use
- Knowledge of the Maintenance, Emergency Repairs, Normal Inflation and Deflation of Buoyancy Compartments of Inflated Fast Rescue Boats
- Method of Starting and Operating a Fast Rescue Boat Engine and its Accessories