The course is directed to senior officers, marine engineers to manage electrical installations aboard with more than 1 kV (high voltage - HV ). It aims to study the configuration, how to operate and manage these facilities in order to maintain the electrical production and distribution aboard. Maintenance and testing operations with HV equipment are also referred
taking into account correct procedures and safety rules. The training contents include the matters set forth in sections A -III / 2 of the STCW 2010 Code.
- High voltage installations (HV) on board
- Switching and protection apparatus for HV installations
- HV electrical protections
- Safety rules for people and facilities
- Power management of HV system
- Lab practice and exercises