The overall objective is to qualify professionals with a good knowledge of GMDSS in coastal areas (A1) and able to operate the equipment, providing detailed capacities on the Radio Regulations and Maritime Mobile Service in particular the procedures of maritime distress, emergency, safety and routine VHF communications.
- General principles of maritime radio
- Radio Regulations and Maritime Mobile Service
- GMDSS A1 area communications systems and subsystems
- knowledge and operation of GMDSS A1 area equipment
- Operating procedures and varied practice to the general of distress, urgency, safety and routine A1 area communications