It is intended that the student achieve the following knowledge of Section A-IV / 2 and B-IV / 2 of STCW and the decision of the ERC (European Radiocommunication Committee), in line with the CEPT (European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations): Knowledge the ITU Radio Regulations and the SOLAS Convention concerning radiocommunications; Understand and characterize the GMDSS systems and subsystems; Knowledge the procedures and how to act in situations of distress, urgency and safety of the vessel and / or crew; Knowledge and correctly operate radio equipment (GMDSS) used on ships; Obtaining General Operator Certificate (GOC) in GMDSS.
- General principles of maritime radio
- Radio Regulations and Maritime Mobile Service and the Maritime Mobile Satellite Service
- GMDSS communications systems and subsystems
- knowledge and operation of GMDSS equipment
- Operating procedures and varied practice to the general of distress, urgency, safety and routine communications