On completion of this course, any person with specific responsibilities in oil or chemical tanker cargo operations will have the basic theoretical and practical knowledge to the duties and tasks associated with those operations.
The contents of the basic training for oil tanker cargo operations course covers the matters set out in A-V/1-1-1 table of the STCW Code.
- Basic knowledge of tankers
- Physical and chemical properties of oil and chemicals
- Knowledge and understanding of tanker safety culture and safety management
- Basic knowledge of hazard controls
- Fire safety and firefighting operations
- Cargo operations
- Pollution prevention
- Case studies on oil and NLS ship emergencies