WELCOME TO ESCOLA SUPERIOR NÁUTICA INFANTE D. HENRIQUE!
NATIONAL MARITIME COLLEGE OF PORTUGAL
Escola Superior Náutica Infante D. Henrique (ENIDH) is the only Portuguese Maritime College and is located at Paço de Arcos, near Lisbon, Portugal. The College's mission statement is "educating and training officers for the national e international Merchant Marine and other graduates for related maritime related activities, such as port management, transportation and logistics".
ENIDH has a modern facility campus which include several classrooms, laboratories and simulators, an indoor swimming pool, diving tank, row tank and gymnasium. Other facilities include a canteen for students, teachers and staff personnel and a residence hall for 120 students. Nowadays, the College has approximately 80 teachers, 30 administrative staff and about 750 students. About 40% of the teachers are marine officers that come to shore after some years of activity in the merchant marine.
ENIDH belongs to the Portuguese public higher education network and is under supervision of the Ministry of Sciense, Technology and Higher Education (DGES - https://www.dges.gov.pt/pt). The College is certified by the Portuguese Maritime Administration (DGRM -https://www.dgrm.mm.gov.pt/) and in 2008 implemented a Quality Management System (QMS) which is certified by the portuguese company SGS. (ISO 9001:2015). The application of Bologna Declaration principles to all courses is a clear indicator of ENIDH's capacity to position itself as an European higher education institution of reference in the maritime education field.
For the first cycle of studies (BSc – Bachelor of Science), ENIDH offers the following undergraduate courses (three years of studies – 180 ECTS):
- Deck and Bridge Operations (operational level)
- Marine Engineering (operational level)
- Marine Electrotechnical Engineering
- Port Management
- Logistics and Transportation Management
For the second cycle of studies (MSc – Master of Science), ENIDH offers the following graduate courses (two years of studies – 120 ECTS):
- Deck and Bridge Operations (management level)
- Marine Engineering (management level)
- Shipping & Logistics Management (in process of accreditation by national Agency A3ES)
The MSc courses in Deck and Bridge Operations and Marine Engineering, allow deck and engine officers to obtain certificates of competence for management levels after the successful completion of the license examination conducted by the Portuguese Maritime Administration (DGRM).
- More information about courses can be assessed in Course Catalogue (link)
- The procedures for Erasmus incoming students are available in (link)
- The procedures for Erasmus outgoing students are available in (link)
- Additional Documents & News are available in (link)
For the maritime community the College offers, through the ENIDH's Maritime Training Course Centre (CEFE), several specialized short courses leading to maritime certification, according with STCW'95 Convention, as amended.
- Calendar - Academic year 2020/2021 (link)
- For more information, please contact the International relation Office (link)